Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Triton ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008 | 04:42 AM
Aero Ram
|
All Star
Default Triton ?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I don't know where to get the updates for my smarty jr. or how to tell what they are on the one I did find...

Talk has led me to believe that a flash from DC may solve my random hard starting problem and I believe you said that I could just download DC updates and load them to my truck with my Jr. that was some time ago so I may be misunderstandin....but a link would be great

Workin 12hr shifts all next week and won't be able to get to the dealer to have them do it....Thanks!!

Old 01-14-2008 | 08:16 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Triton ?

not trying to steal your thunder Ty

http://www.madselectronics.com/DownloadSJ6.html

you may be able to update your jr with the program that is present and that might give you the latest and greatest from Dodge.

Old 01-14-2008 | 08:39 AM
triton
Record Breaker

Not a problem drew... I'm not an expert by any means :-)

Aero, I don't think a Smarty software is going to do what you want it to. You had the most current software on the Jr when you bought it. I don't know that what's online to download is any different.

You should go to the dealer to see about a flash. You could also PM parts/service and give him your VIN. He could tell you if there's a flash for your truck.

Hard starting could be a lot of things. Weak lift pump, blown pressure relief valve, clogged fuel filter to name a few. Seeing about a flash is a good start.

Other than that... Drew had the link. That's what's available for the Jr. Again, if you've returned to stock from the Jr... you should already have the lastest D/C software in your truck.

Old 01-14-2008 | 10:45 AM
finny
All Star

sorry for question has already been answerd but how much does a smarty cost? and wether or not it is avalible for an 01?

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:06 AM
Aero Ram
|
All Star

ORIGINAL: finny

sorry for question has already been answerd but how much does a smarty cost? and wether or not it is avalible for an 01?
The jr. is 03-07 the cr. is 03-07 but the vp. doesn't specify....but they may have something in the works, heres the link hit contact and shoot them and email. Bob is real good about answering ?s

http://smartypower.com/new/home.html

Old 01-16-2008 | 10:39 AM
Drew
Professional

you would need the VP smarty. . .and yes it is out there. . .there is not a junior for the 2nd gens

http://smartypower.com/new/vpsmarty.html

Quick Reply: Triton ?