Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 PM
raas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Sending Unit

I have heard it called several things, but I believe it to be the fuel sending unit. I have a 1998 Ram 3500 24 valve Cummins Diesel. Inside the fuel tank there is a tall unit that has the sending unit mounted on it. There is a screen at the bottom, and the engine mounted lift pump uses this filter system to retrieve fuel. On the outside of the unit the metal hose fittings come out of the tank and curve to a 90 degree angle, then hook to the external fuel lines.

My metal curved line has broken right at the top of the unit. I have tried for 3 weeks now to locate a replacement unit, or just the replacement plug in for this unit.

Can someone tell me the correct name, and where I can find a replacement? The pickup is useless without fuel!!!!!

Thank you all.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: Fuel Sending Unit

fuel sender

tank mounted fuel sender.

where have ya been tryin to find the part???

napa just said that the senders must come from a dealer.

PMParts/Service Dave for the sender.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Fuel Sending Unit

Are you trying to replace the metal lines that run from your fuel tank to the lift pump? If so, forget em, and get yourself a big line kit. They're rubber lines that are larger in diameter and will increase flow to your lift pump ( which should also be replaced ) If you get yourself something like a FASS, it comes with all new lines anyway.

Welcome aboard !!

Quick Reply: Fuel Sending Unit