Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I wish I had a concealed carry permit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
reed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I wish I had a concealed carry permit

I've been in that situation numerous times over the years. I don't have a gun and I don't think a gun would help the situation. What would you do if the guy pulls out his gun too? Honestly, the best thing would to just have let the guy get around and not have blocked him for the few miles that it sounds like you did, then he probably wouldn't have slammed on the brakes and the situation would never have escalated. The guy was obviously an a-hole for tailgating and flashing his lights but thats really out of your control, you control your response. You also never know why someone is in such a hurry. One time a guy behind me was being a complete a-hole and trying to get around everyone when traffic was backed up and was only moving about 5-10 mph. I blocked him just like you did, but soon we found out why he was being an a-hole, there had been an accident up the road and his wife was involved, he was just trying to get there ASAP. Suddenly, I felt like and a-hole. Just food for thought.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:42 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

If he already has a gun out then its on! but using a gun to settle a trafic altercation is gona be a losing situation for everyone A weapon is for defending your life not your ego

Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 AM
handymanherb
Banned

You could try getting out of the way, if I'm driving and someone is closing on me I get out of the way if possible and that dumb *** trick of blocking the road using another car or truck is showing your a head case.

Do not get a CCW you just end up in jail when you use it the wrong way, having a CCW means you have to try your best to stay out of trouble, not to bail you out when you **** people off.

And I agree that He acted like a fool too, but it takes 2, Oh you never did say why you couldn't move out of the lane and let him by, did you have to make a left ten miles down the road.

You sound like the aholes I got behind going to Cocoa Fl on a 2 lane road, they would be putting along close to the speed limit, maybe but hell it's early in the morning so no big deal passing lane is coming up soon so no need to put pressure on him.

Now guess what happened to the slacker when the passing zone hit and only two in that 40 mile stretch, next thing you know he went from 50 to 70 to keep you behind him , what kind sick control freak are these people, speeding up to keep you behind and then drop back to 50 when they know they got you trapped again.

If I'm doing 95 and someone comes up behindand if I'm sleeping in the left lane, which ain't going to happen, I going to get out of the way and them use him to find the radar traps, better the him get the ticket than me LOL.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:18 AM
aaa

somebody was driving one wery foggy night on not knewn road and saw car going ahead like he knews what he is doing. so this somebody decided to follow him.so thet drived somr time untill first car stopped,but it was to fast stop for the follower and he run in to the first car.so he gets WERY angry gets out of his car show the man his fists and jell "why you stop so sudden?"other man says:"Ido what I want in my own garage.
joke

Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 AM
behindbars

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

There is a realy good book caled :in the gravest extreme: by Massad ayoobtake a read it might change your mind.
This guy is great. See him on theself defense TV show on Outdoor channel.

Pulled my weapon one time.

Was working at a hospital right dab in the middle of the projects. Carried a weapon all the time there. Even inside the hospital. (They didn'thave any type of policy about it and itwas a nun run catholic hospital.) Driving to work on midnight one summer night and some crazyhomie jumps in front of my blazer. He holds up both hands gripped together like he'spointing a gun at me. I duck downbehind the dash and draw a bead on him right through thewindshield. He ran off like his a$$ was on fire. Luckily there was just enough light light on him that I could see his hands were empty. Otherwise I would havehad alot of explaining to do and probably would have been behindbars. I could have just gunned it and hit him but I'd still probably be in trouble. Amazing how that 2 seconds of time could change your whole life and or someone elses. While you may have only seconds to make a judgement the lawyers have years to scrutinize it.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

If he already has a gun out then its on! but using a gun to settle a trafic altercation is gona be a losing situation for everyone A weapon is for defending your life not your ego
here lies the man biggest trouble ...EGO

i know that im one of them who can get into troubles for ego

anyway thats a good mind buddy..
i also got a hangun permit but here u can only carry them in a locked case, so no concealed permit at all

my wife dont like my guns and rifle so when im talking about handgun she give the the evil eye look u all know so well...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

ORIGINAL: BrianSudokhoi02

I figured he started it so I could be an ahole too.
[align=left][/align]
Brian, you sound like a decent guy but I don't think you have the right mindset for carrying a concealed handgun. If you have a Sam Colt on your hip you need to step aside, speak softly, avoid confrontation, etc. And then if someone still targets youand wants to bring harm, you have the option of deadly force.

The next time you're in the left lane and someone comes up behind you, how about getting out of the way? So what if the guy is an a-hole? Let him pass and let someone else be a target for his aggression. I have to agree with Handymanherb. Some people block the passing lane because they are oblivious; 90-yr-old guys who can't see 100 feet, girls talking on the cell phone, etc. The people who deliberately block the lane are downright dangerous. Also, I grew up in Minnesota so I know that the law states that slower traffic must keep to the right.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:15 AM
92oilburner
Professional

I think it was George Carlin who said; "Did you ever notice, anyone who drives slower than you is a moron & anyone who drives faster than you is a maniac". It is not your job to regulate other peoples speed. And b.t.w.... I hate slow cars in the fast lane, & I have the pickets to prove it!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

You could try getting out of the way, if I'm driving and someone is closing on me I get out of the way if possible and that dumb *** trick of blocking the road using another car or truck is showing your a head case.

Do not get a CCW you just end up in jail when you use it the wrong way, having a CCW means you have to try your best to stay out of trouble, not to bail you out when you **** people off.
I agree two wrongs don't make a right.He should have gotten out a-hole's way.Conceal carry permits and the guys with them have a big responsibility to be law abiding. The only reason you should ever pull a gun out on someone is if you intend tokill and the only reason you should do that is if your life is in imminent danger. Just being a ******** and trying to **** off a bigger ******** ain't no reason to be brandishing your gun.Some states don't allow CCP and the above scenario would be good enough reason for them to say they won't ever allow it.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

WHOA....did I ever say I wanted to pull a gun and shoot the guy or even just pull the gun? NO. I guess I have never had a complete stranger step out of his car and try to confront me. I agree carrying a handgun is a HUGE responsibility.
I was in the process of passing the other van when this guy decided to sit on my a$$. Normally I would have just passed the van and then moved over to let the vehicle behind me around. It was somewhat slick out (it's so cold here they aren't putting salt down because it doesn't do anything). Tailgating is a bad idea to begin with, but when the roads are slick it is a REALLY bad idea. If I had stayed at my 65 mph I would have been around the other vehicle in about 30 seconds. I slowed down enough so he had to follow me for about 60 seconds.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: I wish I had a concealed carry permit