Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Looking for an Edge A2 review

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an Edge A2 review

Can anyone help me locate an unbiased review not on edge products home page. I have been scrubbing forums and the net and cannot find one. I am not sure if anyone here has one, but if you do please let me know. Maybe you other uber internerds can help me find another review???

I am looking to purchase and install within the next two to three weeks.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
i11m10c2
Veteran
Default RE: Looking for an Edge A2 review

Man talk about thinking along the same line, but also cant find to many revews. I would like to bomb the hell out of the truck ,new turbo, tst ,intercooler ect, but trans wont hold up to it and dont have the $6000 for a new ats or suncoast so i think mild for now will have to work.

The reason i was lokking at A2 was nav and camera we plan on putting canopy on and camera is nice feature, found A2 with nav and camera for $1399 on ebay. Mulling it over we have a huge 200+ people 3 day bomb party coming up for northwestbombers so was thinking about seeing what others got What works and dont,Cheaper learning from someone elses problems

Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

True... Same reasons I am getting it, It is EDge, plus it has all the features I either already had and am now selling off and features I was planning on putting on. I am getting it within the next two weeks, from what I have learned here and other places, I am not going to play above level 3 very much if at all until I build or get a built tranny

Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 PM
mytowrig
Captain

heres a review i ran across a few weeks ago on my jeep forum. i know the guy has it on a ferd, but nobody's perfect i have since chatted with him a bit and he is still really pleased and impressed. by the way, not sure if you know this or not, the A2 is only a controller/monitor. it really only works if you have an edge module. you have limited use of a couple guage functions, and the gps works, but that's all if you dont get a module like the juice or whatever. it gets all of its readings from that.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420821

Old 01-20-2008, 11:57 PM
mytowrig
Captain

oh yeah, and if you have any specific questions for him, i'd be happy to ask for you. it just might take a couple days turnaround...

Old 01-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks dude!!! From the looks of it, the A2 monitor seems to use the exact same menu system as a standard TomTom nav unit does. I used to own one so it should be great. I can't wait....

Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM
i11m10c2
Veteran

Yup level #3 anymore than that and toasted trans and me broke cus i gotta put $6000 on MRvisa[:@]

Quick Reply: Looking for an Edge A2 review