Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Erratic Idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
abcheek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic Idle

Hello! I am new to the forum want to know if anyone else has experienced the problem that I am having. I have a 2003 3500 SRW 4X4 that is bone stock. After the truck warms up I have noticed that at idle the engine acts as if it is losing fuel or the timing is off a little. It won't ever cut off though. I have already had the stock fuel pump replaced at 72,000 miles and I have recently changed the fuel filter. I am currently running PS grey in the tank. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Erratic Idle

Welcome to the forum, You can find alot of answers here. There is a TSB that might apply to your truck.. Click the link and read to see if these are the symptoms that you are having...>>>> http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/14-004-05.htm

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Hope Parts/service link works for ya, but welcome to the DF.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM
abcheek

Thanks for your input Parts/Service and AeroRam after reading through the website it is obviously a fuel system related problem. I guess I will have a buddy of mine who works on these engine in FedEx trucks take a look at it. I will reply when I find something else out. Thanks again guys for the help.

Quick Reply: Erratic Idle