Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Controllers / Monitors, which one and why

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
apappal
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controllers / Monitors, which one and why

Ok guys, I see alot of different controllers and monitors all from Edge Products, Bulley Dog, Smarty and Quadzilla. But I don't see anything from Banks just curious to know why you choose what you did and why no one seems to run with any of the Banks Performance products. I think I just might have open a can of worms, maybe. :-)))

Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Controllers / Monitors, which one and why

I'm running an Edge simple because I haven't heard one negative thing about them. Everyone who had one at the time I bought mine loved it.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
apappal
Amateur

Thanks, thats simple and kind of what I want to know. I was reading over on the cumminsforum about comparisons or something about someone have a banks sixgun and the was no one that had anything positive to say.

Thanks again.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

When you are ready, give Kenny a call. Let him know I sent ya .... he'll hook you up.

http://www.kensps.citymaker.com/page/page/3703222.htm

Old 01-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Horseman
Rookie

Never heard anything bad about Banks products, a friend of mine is a dealer for them, but they are a little pricey it seems to me. When I bought my programmer 3 years ago I went with the Hypertech because it's application was more what I was looking for. I tow alot so wanted to add more power and torque for that. The Hypertech in stage 3 added 66 hp and something like 180ft lbs of torque but was safe to tow in this stage. At that time most of the other programmers didn't recommend towing in anything higher than stage two which was usually 50 hp and 150 ft lbs of torque but had higher settings for big hp gains which I didn't need. ( thats like saying you have to much money) but it was a better application for me. Due to the improvements in programmers today theres probably a better one out there that will do even better. But with the other changes I've made I'm pretty pleased with the setup I have now. I think if I go much more I'll have to make a clutch upgrade, It seems to get a little slip If hammered hard in sixth gear. But always looking for improvement, thats why I'm here..

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

quad commander.

you can use it with anyones module its updatable and can be used as just a gauge which is handy if you still have a warranty because all it looks like is a gauge. with edge you cant hide it. but edge would be my second choice

Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
behindbars

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I'm running an Edge simple because I haven't heard one negative thing about them. Everyone who had one at the time I bought mine loved it.
+1 I have the edge juice with attitude and love it. Almost bought the quadzilla but it didn't have the cooldown timer.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM
apappal
Amateur

Again, thanks to all for your input. Mayfair thanks for the link and the recommendations.

Quick Reply: Controllers / Monitors, which one and why