Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Walbro kit on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default New Walbro kit on the way...

found a new walbro kit being sold on another forum... couple of pm's later and it's mine. yippee skippee lol oops, now it's time for the fuel cooler mod too... lol sigh... oh well, a motorheads job is never done...

[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
burban2002
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Walbro kit on the way...

Sweet steve. What would you do with yourself if you werent allowed to touch your truck or invent things that need to be done to it

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
finny
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! whats the fuel cooler for?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Burban... If I couldnt mess with my truck, I'd go nuts... might as well lock me up.

Finny... better summertime performance. I plan on putting a tranny cooler with a fan on it in line to the fuel filter, somewhere along the frame rail. I did this mod w/o the fan & ran it up to the front of the truck & 2 bmw's and had great results from it, more low end & mid range on the bmw's & 6.5% better hiway mileage on the truck. having cooler fuel squirted into the cylinders will/should cool the intake charge a tad bit more making a denser charge. I'd expect this would help EGT's some as well but I wont know until its in. the plan will be to have a manual switch tied into the accessory power going to the fan so when I think I need it, I can kick it on. Summer time temps here in Sacramento regularly exceed 90* and on occasion over 100*.

One of the other things I'm going to put in is an inline temp sensor before & after the cooler to measure the actual temp & the drop. I'll be building a Data acquisition s/w package to do the data collecting. (test engineer here :-) )

Quick Reply: New Walbro kit on the way...