Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Annoying vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying vibration

So I just had my tire balanced at the outrageous price of $20.00/tire and the best part is, it didn't get rid of the vibration that caused me to spend that much in the first place. Granted, the tires are 37x13.50's. The shop tech said it looked like I may need new U-joints up front pretty soon and that it looked like the ball joints were going out. This sound right to anyone else? They told me that they put over an ounce of weight on each tire, but I think I may have gotten screwed...

Old 02-08-2008, 03:14 AM
sabersix
Default RE: Annoying vibration

I don't think the balancing cost is unreasonable for that size of tire. They are heavy and can be difficult to balance.

As far as the vibration, I'd listen to what the tech said about U-joints and ball joints. Those parts are notoriously weak on the Rams and with the added stress of larger tires (and lift kit) you are bound to have problems sooner rather than later.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Well, there's a story behind the price. But thanks, I'll go to Napa in the morning and get some things

Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 AM
gales73
Rookie

I would say that sounds right mainly because of the lift and tires and also the shear weight of the cummins cause the cummins rams tendto break those parts down fast

Quick Reply: Annoying vibration