Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

STACKING BDTD AND QUADZILLA XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE BOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
KENSRAM2500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STACKING BDTD AND QUADZILLA XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE BOX

Hey folks I need a little help! Does anyone know exactly how the BDTD and Quadzilla XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE boxes make power(fueling/timinng)? My next question is if they are safe to stack? I figure that if I have both why not be able to use them. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
aka_chewy
All Star
Default RE: STACKING BDTD AND QUADZILLA XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE BOX

I'm not sure how the BDTD makes it's power, but I know the XZT is a pressure box with a little timining. Quadzilla was running an upgrade program where you could send in your XZT and for $60 (if within warranty) or $90 (if out of warranty) and get a XZT+ module that is updateable via USB. THere were many different tunes you could run and a stack tune being one of them. The stack tune makes it a full pressure box, so you can stack it with the timing/duration boxes.

I have a TST and a XZT, but haven't stacked them yet. I don't think the tranny will like it much. But, if you want to stack them, hook up the BDTD to the factory harness' and then the XZT after that. That's how I've heard to do it.

I'd be easy on it though, with 65hp with the xzt, a few bumps of the BDTD, your tranny's not gonna be very happy.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 AM
bwrong
Rookie
Default RE: STACKING BDTD AND QUADZILLA XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE BOX

Call or email Quadzilla ask for Jeremy. He will help you get it hooked up.

Quick Reply: STACKING BDTD AND QUADZILLA XZT NON-ADJUSTABLE BOX