Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Gauge fittings info required

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
lesimon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge fittings info required

Can anyone tell me the boost gauge bolt size/specifications, (metric/standard).
Fuel Banjo bolt size/specifications.
Transmission cooler line Tee size/specification, I micrometered the tubing 1/2 '.
If anyone has any part numbers or suppliers I would appreciate any information.
Last question I have to install my EGT gauge above the rear-view mirror, can I lengthen the Pyrometer probe. Autometers install instructions say that you can not. Diesel Manor say that you can. I have a digital EGT gauge. thanks for any help that you can offer.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Gauge fittings info required

You can lengthen the wires.Their claim is that it will not be accurate, however the probes they use are only accurate + or - 50F. Another 8ft of wire ain't gonna effect it.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

You can lengthen the wires.Their claim is that it will not be accurate, however the probes they use are only accurate + or - 50F. Another 8ft of wire ain't gonna effect it.
Make that 8 ft of wire at least 3 gauge sizes bigger than the original wire. Add the new wire as close to the sensor/probe as possible.I would think there would be no additional loss that would amount to anything.

I had to length all the wires on my Autometer Cobalts. They work fine.

Good luck with your ride.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one thing you have to watch is useing dis-similar metals. the connections are either going to be straight aluminum, or aluminum/cupric connectors. if you use a different metal to lengthen the line there will be a slight voltage increase that will skew the true readings slightly. granted the milivolt value change is not alot, but it is enough to give a rise in temps about 10-20F depending on the temprature of the connection.

asside from thst, yes you can lengthen the line.

you can pick up the bolt needed to get your boost numbers from geno's garage, infact just about everything you need is right here http://www.genosgarage.com/products.asp?dept=63

Quick Reply: Gauge fittings info required