Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tranny problums

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008 | 01:58 AM
finny
|
All Star
Default tranny problums

well i installed a j-hook on my wast gate this weekend. which is awsome i see about 32 psi of boost! i also installed a deeper tranny pan i also changed the fluid and filter. when i was filling it up i started to pour a litre of royal purple sinthetic max atf. when i started to realize that it was not red like the other jugs i had poured in. it is much thicker clearish and has diffrent smell (very similar to gear oil). the container label reads the exact same as the other's. i had only poured about 200ml in when i realized. now after i did every thing the tranny almost like surges while on acceleration. my question is could the fluid be directly related or could it be a pure bad luck that somthing else whent while i changed the fluid. also now i have a raddle coming from some were in the engine compartment, it goes away when the grid heater does its thing and also when the lightest throttle is applied.

BTW: ill get picks of the j-hook. i would recomend for any 01-02 auto's out there looking for a little more boost.

thomas

Old 02-25-2008 | 02:24 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: tranny problums

if it was gear oil or something it could tear apart that tranny ifenough were put in(I'm not familar with the metric system, or any other foriegn language for that matter, but 200mL is equal to about 300gal if I had to guess). Those surges could be you clutches chattering a little, but since you also installed the j hook, it could be a coincidence. As for the rattle, I'm guessing a loose bracket somewhere. possibly trans dipstick tube hitting the exhaust?

Old 02-25-2008 | 02:35 AM
finny
|
All Star

unless my math is wrong 200ml is .2 quarts or.05 gallons.

Old 02-25-2008 | 08:45 PM
finny
|
All Star

i am wondering how i should go about doing this. i dont want to have to get the whole tranny flushed then find out the trannys ruined anyways. what would you guys do?
this is all coming when my family is in financial problums (because of divorce) so i am wondering what the most cost concious solution is.

Old 02-25-2008 | 10:51 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I'd see if royal purple will pay for a flush since the bottle didn't contain what was on the label.

Old 02-25-2008 | 11:00 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: R0oster31

I'd see if royal purple will pay for a flush since the bottle didn't contain what was on the label.
ORIGINAL: 92oilburner

you are running synthetic in the axles right? If not sounds like you should be

ORIGINAL: Drew

got amsoil SVG 75-90. not only is it good for the axels, I can also use it in the transmission and axel of my yoda
I'd say, ask Drew. Sounds like his tranny fluid IS gear oil.........

Quick Reply: tranny problums