Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Help!! Fuel trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Fuel trouble

Saturday when i did the oil change on my truck i noticed that my fuel fitting going to my vp had a slow leak. so i decided that i was going to give it just an extra little touch to tighten it up and hopefully stop the leak. well lucky me when i did the adapter fitting which is a steel 12 mm 1.5 thread to 8 JIC broke right in half. i was able to get the threads out of the vp which surprised me. i had the stupid idea to hook the factory lift pump back up and well that didn't work well because no i not only don't have any fuel to the vp but no i have even more air in the lines from me starting it after i thought it was primed enough. so now that i have wasted over an hour with it and am pissed that i broke the fitting i just left it at the garage and had to drive a trailblazer for the weekend.[:@] My question is instead of putting the adapter back on for theAirDog fitting i wanted to know if anyone knew of a banjo style fitting that would be just like the factory one but was a push lock so that it would work on my new 1/2 inch hose that i have to run for the AirDog? I wouldreally like to go back to the banjo instead of messing around with the adapter andthe other fitting. Thanks for any help. Sorrybout the long story but i had to vent.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM
justviper1
Veteran
Default RE: Help!! Fuel trouble

i know someone out there has to know where to get this type of fitting.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: Help!! Fuel trouble

Are you using your factory fuel filter? If no the supply line to the filter goes from a hard metal line at the frame rail to a plast line that runs up to the filter base. If you cut the fitting out of the end that connects to the fuel filter you'll have what you want

Quick Reply: Help!! Fuel trouble