Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New tires... YEAH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New tires... YEAH!!!

Finally! After waiting a month (cause they sold mine and had to reorder em) I have my new Dic Cepek FC II 35x12.5x20. And becuase I had to wait for em I got em at cost!!! Even got the "bead balancing" at half cost. Only problem is the guys may have slipped up a little by not adding enough "beads", they only dumped 8oz in each tire, according to www.innovativebalancing.com, my tires require 10oz each. This would explain the "out of balance" drive home. Picked up tires at a shop 250miles from home. At least "home" is in the big city and I can head to nearest tire shop and get another 8oz and get her done ...right! Next on the list is a stop at "diesel injection store", this coming Monday. I have (at cold start up) #1 at 0 deg C and #5 at 50 deg C all the rest at 30-35 deg C, this would also explain my poor mileage, lack of giddy-up-go, surging at idle(kinda sounds like a gasser with a racing cam [:@])and the higher then normal EGTs. Also the "diesel injection store" has a FASS with my name on it too, they also trying to get me to do away with my Diablo sport and try the Edge EZ. (not looking for tons of power, just amild upgrade and some help with lowering EGTs)Gonna have some busydays off. After the new sticks and FASS I get to do a dyno run or two part of my FASS/sticks purchase agreement.

Will post results/pics next week.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New tires... YEAH!!!

ORIGINAL: SpLaT
try the Edge EZ. (not looking for tons of power, just amild upgrade and some help with lowering EGTs)
I hear ya about wanting to keep it mild, but I'd go with a Comp box over the EZ. Only a little more money, but you'll have more options. #2 on the comp box is the same as an EZ.

Where are da pics man ??

Quick Reply: New tires... YEAH!!!