Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Mud Flaps???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 08:50 PM
rburrill22
|
Amateur
Default Mud Flaps???

So I got my first ticket for not having mud flaps...week later got pulled over again....Now I am tired of it and need mud flaps. Anybody know a good place online to get them for a decent price? I am looking at the ones that have the stainless steel lip on the bottom. I found a set for $80 where I live but was just curious if anybody knew of any others.

Old 02-28-2008 | 08:52 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: Mud Flaps???

Wow, you can get a ticket for not having mud flaps? Where do you live? I just find that insane that most cars/trucks do not even come with mud flaps anymore and you can get a ticket for not having them I would contact member parts/service (david) and see what it would cost for a nice Mopar set.

Old 02-28-2008 | 09:38 PM
rburrill22
|
Amateur

I live in Renton, Wa and the Wa state states that all vehicles must have mud flaps that come to the middle of the axel or center of wheel. I think its BS. I how many stock vehicle trucks dont come with em?

Old 02-29-2008 | 06:36 AM
mastercaster

i used the duraflaps from the site below. get the drilless model. install takes minutes with no measuring. they are great quality too.

http://www.duraflap.com/dodge.html

Old 02-29-2008 | 08:37 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

i got pulled this summer cuz my tires where 2' outside the wheel well,i didnt get a ticket but a 48hrs warning

Old 02-29-2008 | 08:45 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

King County or WSP?? King Count cops are ridiculous [:'(][:'(][:'(]

That isn't a bad price local. I got mine for something like that at Gi Joes this summer.

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:08 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

That sucks, Alabama is the same way they got me passing throughoncein my 1500 w/goodyear A/Ts he said it was a more aggressive tread pattern and throws rocks more...o well got a warning and had either Fl or OK tags at the time (can they ticket outta state ppl for their dumb laws like that?), wonder what they'd have to say about my 35" Xtreme A/Ts that stick out a lil past the fender...

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:09 AM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

I got a set of new dodge molded mud guards sittin in the box at home. Never got around to putting them on. Let me know if you are interested. They are factory originals. 60 shipped

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:37 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Thanks God I live in Texas!!!!!!!!
If I ever get a Ticket for a mud Flap in another State, I think when I take off, my throttle possition sensor might malfunction and throw a little gravle and smoke at the bastard!!!

Old 02-29-2008 | 03:59 PM
UpBranchLiner

Dura Flaps all the way. I believe the company is from somewhere out in the north west. I think if you tell them you saw the flaps at Diesel World or some web site like that they will give you 10 or 15% off. Might want to look for it.

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps???