Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FCA or EFC...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Watermelon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FCA or EFC...

ORIGINAL: lesimon

Hey SpLat I just had the dealer replace my CP3 injection pump and it was just wet not actually leaking to the point that it was leaving puddles. I would recommend trying to have it replaced under warranty. The Local dealer has actually been really good about warranty work. They have replaced all four ball joints, rear drive shaft universal, front axle seals, and CP3 injection pump with no questions/arguements. Good luck with everything.
Dangit Lesi.... how many miles are on your truck?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Splat,

So how's she running now? Do you still believe the FCA fixed it?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
SpLaT
Captain

NickBeek,
So far so good!!... I'm still going to pull the injectors out on my next set of days off. All of the poor running conditions I had are virtually gone. Without the programmer its been a real drag!! I will also be picking one of those CP3 stage 1 kits, due to it leaking from somewhere (haven't had a good chance to trace the leak out yet). So last week ofMarch is going to be a busy one, pull injectors, rebuild, pull CP3 pump, rebuild install the AirDog (gonna be fun, will be dropping tank to do that).

lesiman, I thought about going to dealer for repairs, but I'm afraid I'll be refused warranty work as you see, I installed some aftermarket seat covers on my truck and they will probably deny me warranty due to the seat covers. [8D] And not to mention the old " unable to duplicate symptoms" diagnosis that one gets all the time, makes me feel ill. Like a number of DC vehicle owners, I've become my own warranty serviceman.