Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:15 PM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Advice!!

Well as some of you already knoe, I have the Mag-Hytec 727DD Tranmission pan and differentals covers coming. I need advice on the best way to maximize getting as much of the old fluid out of the transmission. I had gone as far as thinking about taking the cooling lines off and blowing through them with a small amount of air PSI to flush them. Also would it hurt to blow into the hole were the filter goes to blow throught the pump? Any ideas or good ways to do this?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
woligator
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Advice!!

i have abosolutely no idea about that buddy but since oil is pressurized in thoses line at high psi i cant imagine how 100psi of air can do something bad....

Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 PM
05cumminscrx
Rookie

need a flushing machine

Old 03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

You can take off the exit line from the cooler. and run the truck in neutral, keep adding as much fluid as you are losing until it comes out clean. then you have fresh fluid.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

Which is the exit line? top or bottom? And if I understand you correctly, Replace the pan, Fill it up, Take the exit / discharge line off, Crank the truck and put it in "N" so the pump will pump, Let it pump a few qrt's, kill the engine, replace the fluid that I pumped out with new, and repeat till clean..
It that it?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:59 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

make sense

Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Got a idea, Tell me what you think, Take the old filter and cut it away from the neck, Take the neck and install a hose on it, take the hose and put it into a jug with new fluid, Take the cooling discharge off and hook a hose from it to a pan/jug to catch the dirty fluid, The thinking behind this and please correct me if I am wrong, The fluid is pumped from the filter so use the hose from the filter neck after cutting it off, Use the discharge cooling line because that is were the fluid returns back to the pan after circulating through everything. Is this a good / bad idea? Or could this be a home made flush idea?

Quick Reply: Need Advice!!