Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Improving back up lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improving back up lights

Has anyone had any experience with the White Night model found over at Gino's? One issue that I may have with them is that they parcially block part of the chain holes for securing a trailer.
It appears to be a slick bolt on application for our stock tow hitch.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

Well since I was busted out as bashing Line of Fire for the lighting effect I guess I'll show what I will be doing. I've got all the parts under the seat just haven't done it yet.

Um stock might be a stretch but with the way it looks like the stock fog lights it might be considered a "stock" look

Who doesn't think it's cool to take a 4" whole saw to a chrome bumper

parts:
2ea. #4411 lights from Napa
2 4 inch rubber light grommets
1 relay, one three position switch
2 wire splices, 8 ring style crimp connectors (1/4 inch hole)
8 insulated female spade connectors
a roll of red wire and a roll of black wire.

Wireing it up w/ a 3 way switch so it can run w/ reverse or 'as needed'

Hope to get the truck into the shop in the next couple weeks to do this and put my pans on.
That is AWESOME !!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna steal this mod !! Maybe even use 4 lights instead of 2. Have you done this yet froger?

If I'm looking at this right, you tap into your reverse lights hot wire and run that to the top of the switch, and you pull a wire from the positive battery terminal with a fuse in the middle ( what size fuse? ) and hook that to the bottom switch terminal right?

What number relay? Got a part number?

You've got ground wires comming from the lights. Do these lights actually HAVE ground wires? Sometimes lights are just grounded by the metal they are screwed to.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

Hey Riv, I have the white knights on my truck and they will not fit as described. The tow chain rings interfere with the installation. I took it apart and bolted it below and behind the rings. They put out quite a bit of light, plenty even with my tinted windows.

Quick Reply: Improving back up lights