Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

BigRiver Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 AM
behindbars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BigRiver Tranny

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

At least my boy Behind Bars took time outta starrin at the walls of his jail cell to tell me he was gone, thanks bud.
Shhhhh.[:-] Don't tell anyone but I actually work for River on the side. I keep tabs on Mayfair up here in PA so Riv's truck stays safe.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

my tranny rebuild ran $3800 bux... HD TC, kevlar band & heavy duty clutches. Works great, never a slip and never misses a beat. I think if your going to drag your truck, go for the gold... otherwise a good HD rebuild with a hd tc should do it.
I'm not planning on dragging my truck, but I'd like a tranny setup that could deal with maybe 700+ hp and 1000+ft.lbs. Any idea what yours is capable of handling? (Not trying to spend $8000 on a tranny)

Old 03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

Does anyone know how much it would be to have an ATS Stage 4 set-up installed.I found a dealer in Meridian, MS which would be about a 4.5hour drive for me, do they have "mini dealers" or allow certain other shops to install their set-ups and still retain the warrenty?

(I tried to call but I woke up to late...)

BigRiver where you at and what did your run ya?
AreoRam, Just blew into town and saw this thread. If you spoke to the dealer in Meridian, that was Gary at Meridian Fuel Injection. Thats where mine was installed. As for the logistics, my deposit was given with a credit card, the new transmission sent from ATS in Colo. to Meridian Fuel Injection, I showed up the next day and Gary installed the new one and sent the old one back to ATS.

If your serious about this, pm me and I'll give you some more details. Maybe even call you with the scoop. Just want to fill you in on everything before you decide.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

BigRiver,
I'm serious about doin my tranny I've had a second job on hold hauling yatchs so that I wouldn't damage my tranny further and been saving for the upgrade I'd really appreciate a PM or call from you explaining any pro and cons to the set-up if you would be so nice as to tell me in a PM what you paid for your set-up maybe we could get some kinda deal worked out with the shop maybe a discount for future guys that are sent their via DFway like we did with smarty and recon. I was planning on doing the $3200 set-up from suncoast so given a month or so I should be able to do the whole thing tranny and all if I pull a few logging hauls and yatch hauls . If I take er easy I doubt I'd mess anything up... I'll be waiting for your PM w/e you get the chance enjoy your trip!

If it wasn't for trying to get a new place (to live) set up the truck would be set but I'm sure you've been there...

Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

O for those wondering I'm in Fort Walton Beach, Fl the panhandle if you will, bout 2 hours to the east of Mobile, Al. Hour from Pensacola....

Quick Reply: BigRiver Tranny