Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Royal Purple Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple Oil

OK so I'm thinking of going to RP oil in my trans and my transfer case. Their web site is a little unclear as to which product goes in. I believe my owners manual says ATF+4 which would be MAX ATF from RP, but their site also recommends Syncromesh for all manual trans that call for an atf product. Who here uses it in a 3rd gen (G56)? Which product do you use? For how long or how many miles have you been using it? Have you been towing with it? Do you like it so far?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: Royal Purple Oil

Are you bored little feller? No more than we will be able to drive on the 4 buck a gal. fuel, [:@]Id say go with a common brand so the repo man wont reep the benefits of our laborIm thinkin of draining all the fluids b4 they come and get mine.Were already trying to rig a gooseneck ball on the wifeys sub[:@]

Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Nope not bored...60K miles and time for a change. No repo man comin here, not if he likes his life anyway.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Being it calls for and was made to use ATF+4 then I would use ATF fluid and not the RP Synchromax. If Dodge thought it needed something else then I would think they would say so. IMHO if you want better protection then what Mopar ATF offers then use Amsoil Synthetic Universal Auto Trans Fluid. FYI, I use Amsoil ATF it in my auto transmission. BTW I can buy Amsoil ATF at member prices cheaper then RP retail price.

JMHO

Quick Reply: Royal Purple Oil