Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Performace Chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
jbrayton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Performace Chip

Hello

I recently purchased a 2005 Dodge 2500 Larmine , 5.9L Diesel.

I was recommend to get the following chip to increase MPG

04.5-06 Dodge Towing Module 65HP Quadzilla DXZT2

Does anyoine have experience with this chip. Is there any concerns in using it. ?

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Default RE: Diesel Performace Chip

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is evaluate how much you can reasonable spend on a performance enhancing chip/module. I think the general concensus around here is that for chips, MADS Smarty is the way to go, and for Modules, Edge Juice with Attitude. You're looking at 600-800 for something of that caliber, but from what I've read and heard, this is the way to go if it's a feasable expense. I'm saving up now myself (Hopefully for both)

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

Don't know much about quadzilla, but had the edge juice w/ attitude on my 06 and it was awesome. I drove with it on level 3 and it raised mpg around 3( on the overhead, not hand calculated) but has so many features. By the way if anybody wants it, its for sale make me a reasonable offer- 06 edge juice w/ attitude flashed for manual trans.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i had that module and liked it. i bought it to increase mileage which it did by around 1 and for a little extra power which it did deliver. in that same price range you will find the diablo power puck and i too tried that one out and give it two thumbs down for power gains and mileage as i did not see improvment in either section.

i have now relized that if you spend a few extra bucks and get the best (smarty) you will not be dissapointed but then again starting off (like you are) you gotta get started somewhere and the cheaper mods always seem to be easier.

also.... with most chips and powertrain performance you are going to need gauges and open exhaust to keep down and moniter EGT temps but with the XZT i rarely seen it get too hot so you should be fine until you decide to go with a bigger power chip!

Quick Reply: Diesel Performace Chip