Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Code Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM
white fury
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code Question

Ok, Well I have 26,400 on the odometer now on my 6.7and some codes are starting to pop up.. Can anyone tell me what the 061A codes means?
I have the P0402 for the dirty EGR Valve (AGAIN) already cleaned it once. I have the P1451 (Barometric something or other) Code as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
12valveman
Professional
Default RE: Code Question

hey fury the code you are asking about is for etc (electronic throttle control performance) there is a flash for that that is suppose to fix that problem have you had it in recently and had the ecm update. as far as your other codes they should also be fixed using this flash how much idle time do you get or slow driving intown type because if you idle this around alot you will keep getting these codes seeing as it is a problem that the cummins creates alot of soot when not being used and it will plug up the egr and other item

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
white fury
Rookie
Default RE: Code Question

Thanks for help.. I have about a 25mile compute on the hwy to work site and then some lite driving in little rural community. I have superchips program on performance. I try to take a good ole road trip everyonce in a while to clean it out. I am going to clean the EGR valve today and then reset codes. I also do turn on the high idle a little too quick in the mornings with the EB on. So I will wait longer before I do this.. Again Thanks for help and all info...... Randy

Quick Reply: Code Question