Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil\Filter\Fuel filter all changed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM
mikebol
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil\Filter\Fuel filter all changed

That's good to know, Drew. I hadn't thought about how the placement high on the block would have affected it.

Mike

Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Mike, was that the factory oil filter you removed? Mine was unbelievably tight when I didthe first oil change. Someone said they actually use some sort of varnish at the factory to seal the filter to the block.

I don't suppose you had a used oil analysis performed, did you? A few of us 6.7L guys are getting our oil anaylzed by Blackstone or Oil Analyzers (Amsoil) after we change it. My engine seems to have a problem with fuel contaminating the oil. See this post. I am going to change it again in the next few days after only 5,000 miles to see if the fuel contamination problem still exists.

It's good to know you can change the fuel filter in 25 minutes. That's not too bad considering you have to remove the wheel well liner.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 AM
mikebol
Veteran

Thanks Joel for letting me know and all the good information in your other post. I'll definately be sending off a sample once I get 5k miles on this batch of oil. Hopefully it comes out Ok.

Mike

Quick Reply: Oil\Filter\Fuel filter all changed