Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Check Gauge Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
amock
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Gauge Light

Need some help guys, every once in awhile ill be drivin around and the gauges read fine and all is good. Then for some reason the check gauge light will come on for maybe a second then shut right back off. Should I worry about this or ignore it. Thanks

Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: Check Gauge Light

I too had that problem. It would happen as a result of my cam position sensor going out, so my tach would sink for a few seconds.

The best thing i can tell you is to either get yourself something that you can check codes with, or go to Autozone and they will hook up a scanner and check it for free.

Bottom line .. if the light is on, it's trying to tell you SOMETHING. Ignoring will will only eventually bring on the enevitable.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Default RE: Check Gauge Light

That light comes on when one of your gauges drops or rises suddenly. It came on when my alternator caught on fire and the gauge dropped below 8v. I don't think it throws any codes in the computer, at least not on my 2nd gen.

Quick Reply: Check Gauge Light