Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New edge/attitude....timing rattle???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 AM
t_stone85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New edge/attitude....timing rattle???

So ive had this noise coming from some part in my engine...it happens at certain rpms...and when it is not on stock mode, ive mostly run the edge on mileage mode and thats when i hear it, i think it might be timing rattle...now ive read a little bit about this on the forums bot havnt got an answer on how to find out if it is the timing, and if it is, how to fix it. I guess you can use a smarty to adjust, but im not going to buy another programmer just for that. Is there an easy way to fix this........(if it is timing rattle)

Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 PM
t_stone85
Default RE: New edge/attitude....timing rattle???

what no one can help me out that sux!!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been pondering it all day and I cant think of what would cause a VP44 to give timeing rattle. . .you can only advance the timeing so far since it is still somewhat mechanical

Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 PM
t_stone85

from what i read, either upping the fuel pressure... or giving the engine more air would help....i have stock intake....and just a straight pipe nothing aftermarket....but again maybe its not the timing. this sux now i dont even use the edge except gauges....im just scared i might do some damage. where do you think i could take it to get a professional opinion on it.... your the man drew everytime i look up somethin there you are with all the goods..

Quick Reply: New edge/attitude....timing rattle???