Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

47re rebiuld/ tc lock up switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Dallas192
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47re rebiuld/ tc lock up switch

Hey guys, just finished rebiulding my 47re trans, all PATC goodies and the triple disc converter they sell and boy does it lock up and shift real positive...not overbaeringbut just nice positive shifts....I tell you what, if I can biuld this trannny, anyone can...very simple and made my own tool for compressing the OD spring.....Just have 1 question, I want to put a manual lockup switch in for the torque converter, which wires need to be accessed and where are they.........thanks everyone, sorry I didnt take any pictures during the rebiuld but I can say 1 thing, DONT GO BY THE SERVICE MANUAL, they never updated the SM for the new cased 47re with the new rear band assembly.....if you look at it, it says that you need band links and some other stuff......drove me nuts for a couple of days until I looked at the rear band assembly closer and noticed they are 2 different rear bands for the trans...........lol.........Dallas

Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 47re rebiuld/ tc lock up switch

yes it can be done, but I dont know what wires need to be spliced to do it. . .if you had a wireing diagram I could help.

Quick Reply: 47re rebiuld/ tc lock up switch