Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

cummins emission controll 07

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
tinspot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cummins emission controll 07

My 07 Dodge 2500 with Cummins stays in the shop due to a poorley designed emissions controll that won't let me drive in the stop & go Houston traffic. Is Dodge & or Cummins going to step up and issue a recall? I run Megatane in every tank & drive in tow haul all the time as directed by dealer. All the Dodge service departments I've talked to don't know how to fix any of the 07 & 08 problems. Why did Dodge put a truck on the market with known flaws? What are my options. I wish I had an 06 Cummins!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cummins emission controll 07

in all actuality, cummins and Dodge are working on this seeing as it is hard to program for all situations. someone that uses this truck on the farm and does alot of idle time will have to have different programming than someone who's got 16K on a trailer day in day out.

the thing is only one program can realy exist and it needs to be adaptive to the driver and their habits when it comes to the use of the truck.

it'll just take time to get everything right. but the 6.7's are dropping pistons, injectors and blowing oil.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

I just turned 8k miles and my 6.7 runs like a champ. Just put the edge on tonight and what a difference. I keep hearing about the problems on here with the dpf, no probs for me and I live right behind the local dealership and they even say the haven't had any probs. We will have to see what the edge has to do with it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you running Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel fuel and low ash engine oil?

Old 04-15-2008, 04:51 AM
captjim1

My 07 kept throwing codes that were emission related so I kept records. Dodge made good and I just had it replaced with an o8. Cost me a few bucks and some aggravation but they ordered me a new one and 2 months later it came in. Mine had 9000 miles on it and the engine light was always on. With the price of diesel I maybe should have went for money back instead of replacement.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

ORIGINAL: firemedic740

I just turned 8k miles and my 6.7 runs like a champ. Just put the edge on tonight and what a difference. I keep hearing about the problems on here with the dpf, no probs for me and I live right behind the local dealership and they even say the haven't had any probs. We will have to see what the edge has to do with it.
What setting do you use on the Edge for most of your driving?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Harley1299

I am very concerned about the statement by Drew that some 2007 CDT 6.7 have been dropping pistons, injectors and blowing oil.

Has anyone in the forum had this to happen? My engine seems to be more nosy than normal now. Sounds a lot like when you have a valve out of adjustment. I have 2K miles on the truck.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 PM
tinspot

Is TSB 18-033-07 Rev A, the latest dealing with the 07 cummins emissions controll? I hope not, it hasn't fixed mine. I like the power of the 6.7, and love the jake brake. When I use the jake brake on the down side of a long tall bridge the emissions light comes on every time. It takes about 35 miles of high rpm driving and using "Megatane" in the diesel to turn the light off. I must drive in tow haul with and without a trailer. Driving in Houston traffic means a lot of engine idel time which turns the light on again. Don't all the dealerships get the same information,TSB's, and upgrades at the same time?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 PM
tinspot

Does the 08 cummins have the same emissions controll as the 07? Has the 08 had any upgrades? I can't afford the down time of my 07. I pull a goosneck and need a diesel but don't know what to do. I know ford is having problems. What about the Duramax? Does it have emissions controll problems?

Old 04-20-2008, 12:34 AM
dave_thunderroad

well i sure hope my 6.7 can perform as well as my 06 5.9 did..had not been for the constant tranny problems i would have kept it.....but of course i cant blame it all on the truck..i did have a power pup installed on the truck....but even in stock form it didnt shift correctly...anyways back to the 6.7 emissions garbage. i totally agree that if dodge wants to keep loyall customers that they should step up and do something..personally i have two good friends one of whom has a 07 dodge 6.7 and the only probs hes had with it was when the truck had only 125 miles on it and the exhaust crap malfunctioned somehow and destroyed turbo and all.....he has not had it to the dealer since and its knocking on 30k miles....my other friend has 2007 gmc duramax and as of 15k miles has had injectors replaced twice...both run ulsd....two different trucks two diff gremlins....i really like my truck and i really hope that it holds up.....only time and miles will tell

Quick Reply: cummins emission controll 07