Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

injector line problem on 01 dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
dodgewithstacks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector line problem on 01 dodge?

i was going down the road the other day and truck started missing like an injector had gone bad and then started smelling the fuel, well finally got pulled over and found that the injector line from the the injector pump to the #3 cylinder had broke clean off and my question is, does this line have a rep for breaking? the line was a different color than the rest and that got me to thinking that its broke before......is there any way to fix the problem if it does break alot? also its the only line without a bracket holding the lines from wiggling.....i got the truck fixed in the same day, had to drive an hour and a half to get the line and got it put on and back on the road by 7 that afternoon..
thanks for any help!
-justin

Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Default RE: injector line problem on 01 dodge?

What about some high pressure flex line? Be hard to break that.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
burban2002
Veteran

Thats the first time I have heard of that. I dont think that it is very common. Maybe the previous owner screwed the old one up and made one out of the wrong material.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:33 AM
dodgewithstacks

ORIGINAL: burban2002

Thats the first time I have heard of that. I dont think that it is very common. Maybe the previous owner screwed the old one up and made one out of the wrong material.
well i thought that too but looking at the metal line i bought (factory cummins part) and there exactly the same so i'm not 100% sure thats its the same but it has the same bends and everything as the factory part

Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

On older military truck I've seen some of the tubes repaired by brazing. But I don't think I would atempt a repair like that on a Dodge fuel injection line that is completely broken through. Tube length is critical for timing and fuel flow. I highly suggest you replace the tube completely and get the tube holders replaced that are missing!

Quick Reply: injector line problem on 01 dodge?