Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Air bags on the rear suspension to help load ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air bags on the rear suspension to help load ?

ORIGINAL: ramit03

Bigriver, what did the Exhaust brake system and the air bags cost you ?
I like the idea of the Exhaust brake,it will save on your disc-brake.
Hey ramit........

Sorry for not answering sooner, just came in from work.

I had CampersWorld install the exhaust brake in Jan, of 07 for a total cost of $1595.65

This past Jan, of 08 I ordered from Pac-Brake themselves the air bags and installed them myself for a cost of $278.52

I use the exhaust brake 24/7 and yes I feel that it does save some wear and tear on my brake pads. Where I truely benefited from them was when I'm towing my 5'ver. She's 37' weighing in at 15k dry. Here in the south it's not too big of a deal, but as in last summer when I towed her up to Yellowstone and back, the exhaust brake really saved us some stress. Going down alot of the swtich backs in the mountains, your brakes remain cool instead of heating up from prolonged use.

One other advantage that I have thats working in conjuction with the exhaust brake is the ATS Co-Pilot torque converter controller inside my cab. I have it set so that the t/c locks up at a low speed, thus enabling the exhuast brake to stay engaged down to about 22 mph.

Regardless of if you may happen to have a controller or not, the exhaust brake would be an asset to your rig when towing, or should I say stopping the rig.

You had asked about the warranty issue. I have not had to take my truck to the dealer for warranty work as of yet. No doubt that with all the upgrades that I have on my rig, they'd refuse me right away.
On the other had from what I've heard about most dealerships, (not all now), they'd void your warranty if they happened to see one of those christmas tree air fresheners hanging from your mirror.

Good luck with your decision, and research as much as possible so that you're satisfied. I really don't think that you'd be dissappointed.

The Pac-Brake Exhaust Brake.....

Installed in my rig........(note the fitting for a pyrometer probe)

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
ramit03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air bags on the rear suspension to help load ?

Thanks for the Info. also nice pictures of the EBRAKE.
I will seriously consider it.

Quick Reply: Air bags on the rear suspension to help load ?