Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

CDL license.Do you think you should have 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CDL license.Do you think you should have 1

Only problem I have with my CDL is the mandatory physical every 2 years. Surprisingly it doesnt help you rent a car when your under 25. They wouldnt rent me an suv because I was under 25. Yeah thanks for the car I'll remeber you guys next christmas, nothing like driving 350miles on a sheet of ice in a little car[8D]

Old 04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
RamItOne

jakebrake, are you military? do you have USAA? if so you can rent a car through avis and hertz under 25...

Old 04-25-2008, 11:15 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Only problem I have with my CDL is the mandatory physical every 2 years. Surprisingly it doesnt help you rent a car when your under 25. They wouldnt rent me an suv because I was under 25. Yeah thanks for the car I'll remeber you guys next christmas, nothing like driving 350miles on a sheet of ice in a little car[8D]
My freshman year in college a number of us from the aviation department (4 small planes) flew from Mankato, MN to Orlando, FL for a convention. None of us were old enough to rent a car, yet we could fly ourselves halfway across the country.[:@] Luckily, an Alumni from Mankato lived near Orlando and was old enough to get us a 15 pass. van. I think them damn car rental places should let those under 25 with a CDL, pilots license, or in the military rent a stinkin car.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Only problem I have with my CDL is the mandatory physical every 2 years.
yeah because it takes so much energy to sit on yer ***....

Old 04-25-2008, 11:24 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

All I can add to this is if you have a CDL, do not let it laps!!! I went through hell to get mine and I keep it current always.
I have all of it, Hazmat, Double's , tripples, tankers. I also drove OTR for 2 years.
And yes you are held to a much higher standard. Here in Texas, the legal limit for DUI is a few points lower for someone with a CDL. Even if you are off duty and in your own vehicle.
Thank God that I don't know this from personal experiance, but it's true that penalties are stiffer for CDL holders than the regular Joe.

Anyone here that can tell me what a "Pickle Park" is, knows what I am talking about!!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:18 AM
handymanherb
Banned

I think you need to check with someone else. Dad's bus is 28500 lbs, we converted it to a RV 15 years back and it doesn't require a CDL.

I stayed away from the CDL because of the extra bull they can slap you with if they feel like it, HellI pulled a 40 enclosed trailer I bought from Joe Nemechek, behind my 18 foot step van for work and was never stopped by DOT, went through a few road checks back when they use to do it and they ask if I had a CDL, I said didn't need it or want it and went down the road.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 AM
RamItOne

so next time I get pulled over for a speeding ticket I just tell him I didn't need the ticket and I don't want it either and Im safe? LOL.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
jkfuentes

I have a stupid question,how do i post a question in the forum?I am new to this site and I have a problem with RPM in my durango, I am a girl, and I don't want to get rip off at the mechanic... Please help...

Old 04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
mytowrig
Captain

PM sent to jkfuentes. click 'inbox' at the top of your screen or your email... good luck and welcome!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:15 AM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

so next time I get pulled over for a speeding ticket I just tell him I didn't need the ticket and I don't want it either and Im safe? LOL.
No just tell them the truth, still works, no the law didn't apply to me as I owned the company and the truck, may have changed it now to get more money and control over us lowly working stiffs.