Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

boost and egt guage install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 AM
dingo3g
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost and egt guage install?

Guys, I picked up auto meter guages this weekend, both egt and boost, (along with a boost fooler and superchips flashpaq)
I would like to know where any of you have your thermocouple installed, pre turbo or post? and if you put it pre, how did you keep the metal shavings out?

Also, where did you put the boost fittings? I was told that there is a line off the turbo going to the waste gate, but the only line I see is an oil line running over to the filter? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I looked at the DIY section, but Mayfair's pics are all gone.

I figure I'll be putting in a tranny soon. I programmed the truck with the "performance towing" program, wow what a difference, I haven't plugged in the boost fooler yet. (figured I wait until I got the guages installd)

Old 05-05-2008, 03:54 AM
blownsoot
Default RE: boost and egt guage install?

If I remember right there is a line coming off the front of the turbo going to the waste gate actuator.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: dingo3g
I looked at the DIY section, but Mayfair's pics are all gone.
Thanks for bringinning that to my attention !! I moved the pics into a seperate folder on photobucket not knowing that they'd be removed from the site. I've re-attached them with the new links and they are up again. Sorry ...

Here ya go

https://dodgeforum.com/m_875603/mpag.../tm.htm#875603

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
lesimon
Professional

I drilled and tapped a port both pre-turbo and post turbo. I stuck a leaf blower into the tail-pipe of my truck while I was drilling and tapping and the metal particle blew right of the hole with a considerable amount of velocity. I took my time drilling and tapping.
I found this method worked really well and would not hesitate to do it again but other members have posted different method to drill and tap the ports. Good luck!

Quick Reply: boost and egt guage install?