Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Walmart Credit Card... 3cents off a gallon!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walmart Credit Card... 3cents off a gallon!

Its official. I now am applied to have a Walmart Credit Card and get 3cents off a gallon! That adds up to about $1-2 perfill up(which is once a week for me at 44gallons) about $50 saved a year. Times that about 4 for the rest of the family also... Not too bad I'd say. Helps this time of the gas season!
-Austin

Old 05-06-2008, 12:17 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Walmart Credit Card... 3cents off a gallon!

till ya forget to pay it one month and youre being *** raped at 30%

if you dont want to go the CC route you can buy WM gift cards and that will get you the same 3 cents, you know when they started this gas was a whole lot cheaper, too bad it wasnt 3% off..

Old 05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
lee8751

With the BP Visa card I get 5% off the price. $4.15/Gal x 5%= .21/gal. off. All I need to do is redeem the points every couple month and they send me debit cards that I use at the BP station. Just got $165 worth last month. In addition to the 5% at the stations I get 2% on all other purchases, any place.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

Safeway grocery stores also have a .03 discount on fuel for card members... payable @ the pump...once in a while they will have a .15/gal off on $50 or more purchases done inside the store prior to fueling up...

Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

The country mart grocery store in my town offers .03 off per gallon as long as you purchase over 8 gallons. I never really trusted there fuel though, i'm sure it all comes from the same place, but I like using larger stations that go through a lot of fuel so you know its fresh. With fuel prices the way they are I could care less about saving a few bucks. After spending 122 yesterday at the pump for 29 gallons a few bucks would barely seem to do anything.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
handymanherb
Banned

I use the shopping card and save .90 cents on 30 gallons, that will almost buy me a coke.

When I was going thru 2 tanks a week, then I allways used the store card, now if I'm not in a hurry I use it, since I have to run in the store to reload the card

Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ZmanTRX4

With fuel prices the way they are I could care less about saving a few bucks. After spending 122 yesterday at the pump for 29 gallons a few bucks would barely seem to do anything.
IMHO its this type of thinking that has allowed OPEC and crude oil speculators to keep the price crude oil as high as it is. It must be nice to have so much money that you don't care to save a few dollars a week on fuel.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

be carefull with wal mart gas. A guy here at work had his check engine light come on and he took his truck to the dealer. Turned out the engine was running rich because it contained over 45% ethanol. As soon as he burned off the goofy gas, he CEL went out.

Looks they are watering down their gas with ethanol.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

My Walmart doesn't have fuel but the Home Depot they built about a year ago does. And I was expecting the diesel to be ULSD but luckily it was LSD, or at least that's what the sticker says.. All the diesel pickups and contractors fill there so I know they go through a lot of fuel keeping it fresh. I went against my rule on not having any credit cards and got a home depot one, for fuel only, just so I could get the 3 cents agallon discount. It's not a lot but I guess over time it'll add up since that's about the only place I ever fuel at. I pay it off every month to so no chance getting rapedon interest

Quick Reply: Walmart Credit Card... 3cents off a gallon!