Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: A poll
They look good and can't tell its a body lift
5.00%
Don't do it!
30.00%
Spend the extra $300 to get a real lift
65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Your take on a body lift look.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your take on a body lift look.

what susp lift are you finding for a 3/4 ton truck thats less than a grand?

l

Old 05-07-2008, 06:54 PM
savage.basher

The lift you want may be $800 dollars but you will also need shocks... I'm pretty sure I went just about as cheap as you could and it was $1026.00. The body lift won't require anything else, and I think you can get a 3" body lift for $400 from top gun pretty easy.

On another note, suspension is definitely the way to go, but if you are on a budget (and can't spend the $600 dollar difference) and just want the look, I would do the body lift. As long as it isn't more than 3" they don't look to bad on the dodges. I know there is gonna be alot of people who will hate me for saying that, but I know what it is like not to have the money to just go out and "do it right", hell, atleast it wil get you the ability to tuck the bigger tires without rubbing .

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 PM
RamItOne

youll see body lifts here all the time, just put the gap guards in. Chevys are built more like a car.
When I was working (oh so long ago) we had 15,000 employees, so it was mostly parking garages, a 6" lift would be too tall to fit, you gotta figure your going with at least a 35" tire, so after the lift settles and you add the extra inch from the tire you're right around 6"s.

Savage you also have to consider that you did it yourself, labor is a lot cheaper on a body lift than a susp lift, thus widening the cost diff.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 PM
savage.basher

^^^ true....

If you don't got money and you can't do the labor yourself then you are out-o-luck.

How old are you RamIt?... I thought you were like 18?

Quick Reply: Your take on a body lift look.