Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Watch this

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch this

spend the next 2+ minutes watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-Ci459kA0

Old 05-07-2008, 10:50 AM
aka_chewy
All Star
Default RE: Watch this

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Good find

Old 05-07-2008, 11:03 AM
RamItOne

yeah i was getting a lil stiffy watching it, but then saw that this was back in 2006 and so far nothing... ugh...

btw if this dont just take the cake, today the street was expecting a dwindling supply of oil and gasoline reserves info to be released, yet quite the opposite our reserves have increased, the dollar has increased, yet oil is still on the uptick, what will it take? these are two of the biggest excuses that the oil cos attribute to increase in price (our supply and our dollars buying power) yet both were favorable to cause a decrease, yet it didnt.... its just smoke and mirrors.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

It won't go very far. This is about 2 years ago, I have seen it many times.
Nice consept and definatly not a new one. The problem is that it takes more energy to make the HH2 than the HH2 produces. It uses electricity to break up the molicules in water H2O and produces ogygen and hydrogen gas.
His "Test Car" is a gasoline/Hydrogen hybrid and DOES NOT run on only Hydrogen, mainly because there is no way of providing enough electricity to produce enough hydrogen to power the car.
This is why they came up with the "Fuel Cell" idea and is just now starting to prove it's self reliable enough to start thinking of mass produced HH2 powered cars. Honda has such a car and has been beta testing it via actual consumers in southern California for the last 2 years. They just sold another 600 2008 models to SoCal for more testing.
But as of yet, there is no way to produce hydrogen that doesn't require more energy than it puts out.

Thats not to say it can't be done, but we just haven't found a way to do it yet.
But yes, it is very cool to see someone not only produce his own Hydrogen but also invent a machine that combines that with a cutting torch that is all self contained.
I would say we are still at least8 to 10 years away from economical hydrogen production, maybe even longer.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I saw that video about ayear ago and I couldn't wait to see it take off. Hopefully it'll happen soon. That would be AWESOME !!!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I saw that video about ayear ago and I couldn't wait to see it take off. Hopefully it'll happen soon. That would be AWESOME !!!
+1

Old 05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
02cummins
Captain

wow that man is gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu@@in rich

Quick Reply: Watch this