Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Breathe In Breathe out...Todays Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breathe In Breathe out...Todays Mods!

Installed a new AFE Stage 2 intake with the Pro Dry S Filter and a 5" Turbo Back exhaust from Farmboy's Diesel today.
Spent about 4 hours in all installing everything, half an hour getting most of the filth off of me so I could take it for a test drive, took a nice little drive, and the combo of the deeper growl from the exhaust and the little extra whine from the turbo is sweet.
Nothing annoying, no drone in the cab, at cruise you can overcome just about all the sound with the stereo.
The wife told me I needed a louder exhaust, I am sure glad I listened, and VERY happy with the one I purchased, and yes she did crawl around under the truck and help me put it in!

Anyone looking to do an exhaust I would highly recommend this one, you will love it, your truck will love it and your pocketbook will love it ($285, the shipping was $65, then I added the 6" stainless tip, still all under $400)

I have not yet installed the tip on the exhaust, will probably cut a little off the end of the tailpipe and add the tip tomorrow. I am just not sure how that is gunna look with the big ole ugly muffler clamp holding it on, but don't know what else I would use.

Quick Reply: Breathe In Breathe out...Todays Mods!