Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

what tuner can i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 AM
New_to_the_game
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tuner can i buy?

I have a 12 valve 1998 2500 and i am having trouble finding a tuner availble for truck with the 12 valve and the year. any anwsers

Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what tuner can i buy?

That's because everything you modify on a 12V engine is mechanical, not computer.

You want more fuel, slide the throttle plate, get bigger injectors or change the springs in the injection pump.

You want more air, change the wastegate head, get a stiffer spring for it or diasble it altogether.

98.5 24V's is where the electronics came into play. That's the ealiest that you find one that controls the engine parameters electronically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the auto tranny was mechanically controlled....it's a 47RH (Hydraulic) vs the newer 47RE or 48RE (Electronic).

Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what tuner can i buy?

Rich is right. . .you want more power, play with the star wheel and fueling plate in the P7100 pump,want even more power get a reground fueling plate.

the 47RH tranny you have is a hydraulic tranny, however there is one thing that is electronic, the torque converter. you can wire up a mystery switch that you can do one setting stock, another full unlock, or full lock. may of the guy's that run the 12 valve will do this and keep the converter locked up the instant they leave the line on drags so you will get full power going through the converter and no power loss.

Quick Reply: what tuner can i buy?