Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Spare tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spare tires?

yeah, its the heaviest trafficed river in the US, in my home town jax fla our river is somewhat bad, we house half of the Atlantic fleet, it was home to the jfk carrier group but if I recall they retired the Kennedy carrier, also have nas jax, a naval fuel depot and a marine base on blount island. We also have a lot of container ships at out docks. Oh and btw Dasani water is bottled from our regular drinking water, think about that next time ya buy bottled water.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 AM
savage.basher

I hate dasani... the only bottled water I like is nestle or ice mountain.... now I know why

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 PM
dieselram
Captain

You shouldbe ok w/ two spares. I'd think about a full size spare (on a tire gate perhaps) for the future if you're going long distance a lot (or throwing the stockers on).

On second thought, can you pack all 4? When my truck broke and I had it towed, the driver disconnected my driveshaft because he damaged a truck while towing it. Even though the tranny was in neutral, the gears still spin while moving and the angle moved all the fluid away from the gears. I'm thinking the angle might cause problems w/ lubrication if you only use 2. Something to worry about[:@]

Quick Reply: Spare tires?