Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

H&S dpf delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 PM
firemedic740
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&S dpf delete

Just to let everyone know, I could eliminate the regen's on my homeade dpf delete so I purchased the 4" turbo back dpf delete from h&s. Installed it last friday- easy install only 1 1/2 hrs. I haven't had a regen yet, and the sound is alot better. You can hear the turbo bettter, and the exhaust brake is noticeable tremendously. It sounds like a jet turbine on idle and the power is alot smoother. Smoke is almost gone- a puff here and there. I hand figured my mileage today when I topped the tank off and figured out 17.6 mpg- 70% hwy driving. No codes-but I had to set the edge to clear codes on start up per h&s. Just thought i'd share the info.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:50 AM
agargano98
Veteran
Default RE: H&S dpf delete

so is the only way to eliminate the dpf and regen without codes is to run both the dpf delete kit and the edge? i was trying to avoid doing a programmer. i just want a bare bones budget style dpf delete, but i do not want to see codes and regens.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:39 AM
mikebol
Veteran

It sounds like it, agargano98, we're both waiting on a true code free delete kit. I can't afford buying both of these, I need to put that money in the tank.

Mike

Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

The H&S kit comes with a black box that goes under the hood. The last e-mail I got fromH&S last fall indicated they get no codes during their testing, but the engine still goes into regeneration occasionally.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

If I turn the clear codes on start up it throws a code but not when it clears on start up. It was put on fri and no regens yet.

Quick Reply: H&S dpf delete