Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anybody runnin Biodiesel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:54 PM
8 lug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody runnin Biodiesel?

I'm going to purchase a home biodiesel kit shortly. Do I have to add/ convert anything to my Dodge? My parents want to buy a new diesel car.... a VW or a Jeep. Any problems runnin biodiesel in them? Any other compact diesel vehicles?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
firemedic740
Veteran
Default RE: Anybody runnin Biodiesel?

I hear mixed reviews on running the veggie oil in vehicles. Some say no problems, others say problems. There is a guy who has a tdi jetta running on pure wvo and he says he hasn't had a problem since hes run for the past 2 years. DHRA is coming at the end of may to Indy hopefully there is a vendor there so I can find out pros/cons. Couple of us are thinkin about investing in one of those kits. I hear something that it eats rubber over a period of time.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
handymanherb
Banned

I can't get old oil or I would make it and no one near me is selling it

Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

I'm running B20 in my truck for almost a year now with now problems. Can't get a source of oil to make my own. I'd get your oil source before buying a processor.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I ran wvo and pump mixed and only problem I had was getting the mixture correct for the weather conditions. That and the oil I was buying was not filtered enough so I did one more step and that worked great.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 AM
jakebrake
Champion

County up here runs on b20 and they are having all sorts of problems with it. They used to run b5 or b10 with no problems though. I think their problem is that it gets a little too cold up here in the winter for b20. I dont run it in my truck because I have seen the damage it can do when not properly proccessed. If you do run it, I would suggest carrying an extra fuel filter with ya and the tools to change (lot cheaper then a tow bill) just incase she gells/solidifies on ya.

Quick Reply: Anybody runnin Biodiesel?