Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Thanks Parts/Service.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Little Foot
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thanks Parts/Service.

I didn't even try I just asked for help because I was dumb. I have thought about placing an axle gusset on but I don't want to impact the axle clearance. I don't think they make an above axle gusset. plus the jump was a 1 time thing. Truck still at the shop hopefully I will pick it up on Thursday or Friday it is an after hours repair, meaning it is going to take allot longer than usual to complete. especially since I have had to work this week not assisting on the repair.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

If you want to jumpyour CTD. Then you need one of these done to your axle (see attached photos).

Then get a good suspension. CARLI SUSPENSION!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:57 PM
cumminalong

You can truss the top of the axle and not impact clearance. Just gotta weld it to the top of the diff housing or just slightly higher. The only hard part to making that would be dimple punching the plate. You`d need a press, but otherwise just get a section of tube bent and then cut it with a hole saw to fish mouth the ends to fit the axle tubes.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:38 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

You will bend the axle still if you truss the top of the axle. There is no support at the top. It has to be trussed at the bottom of the axle. You may get away w/ a gasser from the top, but not the weight of the CTD. The pumkin needs support underneath and the truss tied into the knuckles. It will take someone who knows what thier doing (fabricating). Especially done right the first time.

I also have no ground clearence issues.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Az2500Cummins08

How did the landing feel? How do you like the Rize now that the front end busted? Would you still recomend it?

Old 06-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Little Foot
Veteran

the rize off road still rides better than the superlift, maybe the shockes, but aside from being retarded by the junp everything has been great minus the hard impact. I think if the buno stops weren't so low I would have been fine, and I am not going to find out.

Quick Reply: Thanks Parts/Service.