Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 AM
SunshineMtn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS?

I have a 01 Ram with a 5.9 diesel. The problem I am having is when you push the throttlepetal down it stays at an idle. When you doto manage to get it to move we cant get it to go over 30mph. Like it is not getting fuel? I was told it could be the TPS. The price I am hearing from the dealer (which seems to be the only place I can get one) is $525. Crap! So lets see..new high performance clutch last year...$900! New tranny last week...$2,600! I could go on and on!
Does anyone know how I can check to see if it is the TPS before I go out and buy one for this money pit we call a truck?[sm=bling.gif]

Old 06-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Scott91370
Professional
Default RE: TPS?

If you have a way to datalog the truck you should be able to read the TPS%. You may have to find a shop that can read it for you.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
SunshineMtn
Default RE: TPS?

Thanks Scott.
The code was the TPS. I was reading on this forum about how to clean the TPS. Drilling a hole and spraying cleaner in it. Now does anyone know if thats for the gas or is it for the diesel motor too?