Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Down Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The power elbow eliminates the need for the downpipe? How?

Did you notidce a big change once you switched?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 PM
pcman
Amateur

Well the power elbow from banks replaces the original to allow a "true" 4 inch outlet from the turbo. The standard banks monster eshaust connects to the original factory turbo outlet that is restricted down to 3 inch. The power elbow comes with a new turbo outlet and exhaust pipe (down pipe). As far as change, the exhaust temps under heavy load are much lower 200-300 degrees, plus the exhaust temp does not increase very fast as it would with the original turbo outlet and banks exhaust. Now when I pull my 23' gooseneck up a mountain near our home the egt hardly ever exceeds 1000 degrees.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend

WOW you noticed a 2-300 degree drop just by adding the elbow? That's pretty big !!

Old 08-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Big_B
Rookie

Sorry I never got back...For unforseen dealer problems, things have changed. So I dont need the downpipe.

On the up side, I do have another truck, just pending if my bank finances or worse case senerio the dealers bank. But its pretty slick. 4" exhaust, set up for bio-diesel with all the filters ect. Has after market rims on it, Edge Juice with Additude on it as well, along with K and N cold air. 69,000 miles to boot.

Finding a truck has been a pain since I'm a "first time buyer." Doesnt matter if you score is 750 or not they want you to have more dept to be less of a risk. Go figure. I should know what the bank situation is tomorrow. Until then, thanks for the posts fellas. Later

Regards,
Big_B

Last edited by Big_B; 08-17-2008 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Cant spell to save my life...

Quick Reply: Down Pipe