Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

cold air vs. modified air box and john goodwin programmer

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
06diesel6spd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air vs. modified air box and john goodwin programmer

Hi all,

New on here and I have an 06 3500 with 6spd manual and I am looking to squeeze some mpg's out of it and wanted to know if a cold air intake like K&N's setup works well or if it would be just as good to modify the stock airbox to get more air flowing etc. Also does anyone have any experience with johnathon goodwin at H-Line Converstions. link to the downloaderhttp://ShopGoodwinConcepts.com/Download.html they have a downloader that they offer and wanted to know if anyone has used this or knows of anyone using it and if it works as well as they claim, there are so many programmers out there, this one stores your stock codes and offers 3 modes tow, sport, and hipo. Also just did the benders brew today for the first time with a fill up of b-99 look forward to those results and finally exhaust? anything to do there to help and if so from the turbo or from the cat? and how big. I believe the 06's come with 4" already but I might be wrong. Thanks for any help on increasing my MPG's.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
06diesel6spd
Default Anyone out there, newby here

any help would be great. thanks

Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
2005RAM2500
Rookie

Go with the K&N, I'm looking into doing my exhaust also still doing research.

Quick Reply: cold air vs. modified air box and john goodwin programmer