Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Filter Housing Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Filter Housing Bypass

I'm a few clicks away from buying and Airdog 150. My neighbor has one and loves it, however I have some questions. Is it that important it to run the 1/2" line that the system comes with directly to the CP3, or would it be ok to run it though the factory filter housing and be able to use the factory water in fuel sensor? Also, does the factory housing have a fuel heater? I dont plan on selling my truck, so I feel kinda weird about just leaving the entire OEM fuel system in place when its not being used. Maybe I should just upgrade my pump? Im upgrading because mine doesn't work after half a tank, and they claim that the fuel will atomize better(more efficient)Thanks, Jeremy.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
triton
Record Breaker

nothing at all wrong with continuing to use the factory filter. Yes, it has a water separator and fuel heater. It's alos just one more filter inline to clean up the fuel. Both reasons I still use mine. In my experience you'll loose no psi by going through it.

It is a good idea to upgrade the stock lift pump as the factory lift pumps all tend to go out after a while and can leave you stranded.

Yes, you should use the 1/2" line that comes with the kit.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Default ?

Thanks, I was going to bypass the stock lift pump with the airdog. Did you install 1/2" from your stock filter housing to your CP3's(I'm pretty sure you have two of them), or did you leave the stock plumbing for that? Do you recommend using the feed tube that comes with the Airdog, or do you recommend having two lift pumps(one in tank in addition to the airdog) thanks again

Quick Reply: Filter Housing Bypass