Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

bully dog problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
vsraptor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bully dog problem!!!

when i firstinstalled my bully dog triple dog, i acciditly changed my tire size. today i noticed my speedo was off so when igot the chance i returned the size back to stock. when i did the ABS & check engine light stayed on. Then i noticed i didnt have any speedoat all. this all happenned after bully dog closed. so i need help!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 02:52 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try to return the truck to the stock tune and see if it comes back. If so then just start all over. If not call BD Monday to help you out. I have had a few self induced problems and they helped me out big time.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:02 AM
vsraptor
Professional

already tried back to stock back to tuned tried changing just tire size back and forth thanx for the try

Old 08-17-2008, 06:20 AM
htgriffith
Veteran

Take it back to stock, Then undo both batteries for about 15 min. Hook it back up and see what happens, Make sure to clear the DTC prior to this, Another thing to check, Make sure you choose the correct transmission, Auto or Manuel, I chose the wrong one before and it really screwed things up.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:27 PM
vsraptor
Professional

that didntwork either,next idea please. maybe some thing else could have simotaniously happened that made this come up. any ideas there

Old 08-17-2008, 05:27 PM
bekim
Professional

I've had my Triple Dog for 3+ years, and have had several CEL issues with the setup after installing the many updates they've had since '04. The common thread is that if I back the program out to stock, the stock ECM setup is restored and the CEL has always gone away. By backing the program out I mean proceed as if installing the program and then answering the return to stock question when the programmer asks it during install.
If this doesn't work for you call 'em Monday. They're pretty good at customer support.

Just a note. Several times I have installed an update and started the truck forgetting to plug the Outlook Monitor back into the OBDII port. This yields instant CEL.
Mike
###

Old 08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
vsraptor
Professional

well the wierd thingis when i try read dtc through the bully dog it says there is none present even withboth the lights on. im afraid i fried something. i dont know what, but something!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
htgriffith
Veteran

BD will get you fixed up. Let us know how it goes Monday. I know it is hard to be patient at a time like this. But try. You will get it fixed......

Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 AM
vsraptor
Professional

Ihave already called BD this morning and the tech knew what i was talking about before i got the words out of my mouth. So appearantly this happensall the time. He said the "timing calibration module" is its own little computer and it is real touchy to loose its programming. He told me he goingto have an engineer write up a program and he would call me back in a couple of hours. more to come later......

Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
vsraptor
Professional

ok well the techfrom BD called me back exactly 2hrs after i last talked to him. he talked me through the steps so he take control of my computer and tried putting a new program on my downloader. then we went tomy truck and tried to install the program on there. well it didnt take. So after trying 3 times he talked me through the steps of cross taping wires on the back of my fuse box(TIPM,totally integrated power module) Then we tried installing the program again. Still dint work. I checked my cross tapping and we proceded to try again. Did not work yet again. He put me on hold while he conversed with his engineer. And that did it. We went back to the computer he found the problem. my downloader did not conect to my computer through the software. So the tech did that. Then he downloaded the program back across the internet across my computer to the downloader. Then we went back to the truck and went through the motions one last time and it worked. The tech even stayed on the phone with me while i drove down the street to check my speedo.

My hats off to Hadley< the tech> at Bully Dog. lets give him a big round of appluase

Quick Reply: bully dog problem!!!