Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

The Best built pickup!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Cummins3500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best built pickup!!!

Hi!I know I'm in a Dodge site,but,don't be a brand loyal,be honest - what is the best built quality pickup,I mean just truck itself,I know Cummins is best engine,hands down,I mean just truck itself,best quality,front rear axle,suspension,frame,purts,ride,longevity etc.Thanks for replay!

Last edited by Cummins3500; 10-16-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

They all have their pros and cons. The Fords I have owned had good axles, and more interior room. The current GM trucks have the same leaky azz axles we have on our trucks, and i don't care for their styling. The Cummins is by far the strongest engine I have owned out of the box. 79K miles on mine and counting.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Ben D.
Champion

agree, fords have nicer interiors and better axles by a little bit. not too bad styling but ford engines are very anemic and problematic, not a good transmission selection either

GM trucks are pug fugly and drive like an old man's vehicle. very slouchy in the corners underpowered just feels like the buick of the truck market. and did i mention ugly. transmissions are excellent.

Dodge trucks while interiors are kinda meh, the engines rock their transmission options are decent in stick shift, big selling point for me was stick shift. exterior styling is phenomanol. and built very well. I have gone over mine from front to back and i find nothing i'm dissapointed in at all.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
big.bryant
Champion

yeah for diesels, fords have an ok interior (if you get a lariet in the newer models 06+ as the older ones all look the same, from taurus to windstar to 350 its really sad to see how much control the bean counters have) the transmissions are average and the engines suck, they just break down all the time (6.0 anyone? lol) GM (duramax) has a strong engine and the allison tranny is the best in the business. i like gm interiors a lot and they have always been quite roomy. dodge has the best moter (come on, nothing can beat a cummins) but the transmission is lacking. interior is better than for but still not the best and the interior space is not the best (cept the mega cab)

Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Cummins3500

OK,just what I think in this case: Ford: I think,they have better interior and exterior,frame,axle,suspension,owerall quality,but engine is not so good but not so bad,the 7.3 very good engine,6.4 too,but 6.0...all of you knows about their problems.Tranny - very good. Dodge: interior not bad,a mean it's very good for a truck,exterior good,but new head lights is ugly,and engine, you know,the best,because - Cummins! + Manual transmission! Chevy: I likemuch better older body,I like it,but new - ugly!Engine is very good + Allison,very nice.Interior...I more like GMC interior and exterior than Chevy,but truck itself like not a truck,it's like a car with bed.

Last edited by Cummins3500; 10-18-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:46 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

give me a Dodge with a ford interior, cummins and allision tranny. mmmmmmmmm lol.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Cummins3500

Originally Posted by BiggBlu601
give me a Dodge with a ford interior, cummins and allision tranny. mmmmmmmmm lol.
Or,maybe give me a Ford with Cummins,(Allison will be good),mmmmmmm,

Old 10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
big.bryant
Champion

Originally Posted by Cummins3500
Or,maybe give me a Ford with Cummins,(Allison will be good),mmmmmmm,
come on now. there is a reason this is called the "dodge" forum lol

Quick Reply: The Best built pickup!!!