Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

many codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:22 AM
rbmorgan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default many codes

thanks to anyone with replys! my truck is an 06 3500 ram 5.9 diesel srw with a six speed manuel.mods are afe stage 2 intake,aurora 3000 turbo,ats intake manifold,ats exahust manifold 2 peice,magnaflow 5 inch exhaust,and a banks six gun with pda,and a remote starter. the remote starter quit working sometime ago but never affected the trucks running order.the engine light came on and banks six gun scaned two codes,they were clutch fan and wastegate pressure controll.at that time the truck would only build 20 psi boost,visually the fan seems ok. i replaced the turbo with the 3000 and still have the codes plus an invalid skim key code,p0513, and the banks self diaognostics reports a code 31,crank fault or intermited power.the truck starts but will only drive 10 meters+- and shuts down.codes will not reset.thx again with any replys.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

I would first check all off the banks six gun connections and clean all of the battery cables and grounds. You should be able to clear the codes even if they come back. I know the invalid skim key code is a very common one on trucks with programmers and modules. I get it and clear it on mine a couple times a year.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Bass Hunter said, the invalid skim code is very common on trucks with a programmer. Start by un-plugging the Banks system and see if the truck runs better...

Old 10-24-2008, 06:59 AM
rbmorgan
Default sloved

Thanks fellas for your help.Incase your interested,heres what I found.I checked wireing harness for a broken wire,took apart and cleaned all plug type connections.Everything was ok.I noticed that in the fuse box there was a fuse for fan clutch/wastegate.Pulled it and sure enough it was burned out.I replaced it but it burned out after a few minutes.My final step,I unplugged the banks six gun and returned the truck back to stock.Replaced the fuse and now the truck runs great.I thouht the skim key might have something to do with the remote starter,so I investagated.There is a module to make the starter work with manuel trans.After a certified dodge master installer did a sloppy as heii install,the module was placed in front of the hand brake,just waiting to get crushed.Luckily I only sliced two wires on it and easily rejoined them.Command start works fine,and there are no codes. Thanks again for your help

Quick Reply: many codes