Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

question about fuel pressure gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
thehedonist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about fuel pressure gauge

I just recently purchased an Auto Meter electronic fuel pressure gauge for my 98.5 diesel. The installation directions in the package are very vague. I have been looking for better instructions online, something with pictures, but with no luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction either with their own instructions or give me a link that I can check out? Also, seems like some people thread the sender in to the VP44 itself and some attach it to the fuel filter. Which is best and which is the easiest for a novice like myself to install? The other thing I was wondering is what kind of readings am I looking for once it is installed? It doesn't do me any good if I don't know how to process the information that I am looking at. Any answers would be helpful. Thanks for reading.

PS -I just came across Mayfair's post which answered most of my questions about the install. Still not sure what kind of readings I should be looking for. Below what PSI should I start worrying about my lift pump?

Last edited by thehedonist; 10-24-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything above five psi at wide open throtle is fine. If you have an aftermarket lift pump you should see around 15 cruiseing down the road less with a stock one

Quick Reply: question about fuel pressure gauge