Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge 5.9L Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
True Flow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge 5.9L Intake

True Flow XDI Air Intake System

True Flow Releases the new XDI Air Intake for

the 2003-2007 5.9L Dodge Cummins Diesel.

Phoenix, Arizona – November 2007 – True Flow, a leading manufacturer of automotive air filters and air intakes is pleased to introduce the True Flow XDI Air Intake system for the 2003-2007 5.9L Dodge Cummins Diesel. True Flow has taken a unique approach to develop an intake system with ultra high flow, aggressive sound and extreme looks.

The Dodge 5.9L Cummins suffers from restrictive tubing and air filter that chokes down air flow to minimal engine requirements. True Flow’s design team looked to improve on the intake system to achieve maximum performance from the Dodge diesel.
True Flow removes the air box and tubing that connects to the turbo and replaces them with smooth tubing, silicone couplers and a high flow aluminum canister with a massive 5 inch inlet. Finally, after extensive research on a flow bench, they changed the direction of the air filter so that the air flows from inside-out of the filter. True Flow calls it “inverted air flow technology.” This revolutionary change increases the air flow by over 50 percent and increased power by 27 horsepower and 62 foot pounds of torque.

A critical part of the XDI intake system is its True Flow Air Filter. Unique to the industry, foam air filters have awesome performance capabilities and filtration properties, filtering even the smallest debris. These incredibly durable air filters are easily cleaned and offer a limited lifetime warranty with excellent performance.

Last edited by True Flow; 10-30-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 PM
garrettg84
Rookie

I'd be kind of curious to see how this stands up to the bhaf as far as flow rates... and if it is truly better, is it better bang for the buck or just better at all costs?

I have a 99, and don't see anything about my years...kind of sucks (yes i see it says for 2003-2007) but i'd think it would be pretty simple to make for other years as well...

Old 10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

I just can't see how it would be worth the huge cost of this thing. The stock 3rd gens air intakes are acutally pretty good for flow and filtration, just not the "whistle". If I were to buy an air intake I belive it would be an S&B. They seem good all around and a great price.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
True Flow
Default Dyno Results for the 5.9L

I have attached the Dyno results for the Dodge 5.9L. It shows gains of up to 27hp and 62ft lbs of torque.

Attached Thumbnails Dodge 5.9L Intake-30707-dyno.jpg  
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM
True Flow

We are actually talking about making one for the older models as well; right now, we currently have a filter available for your application. We are very particular about the applications we do make we do not make an intake for every application out there like other companies do we will only make an intake if we know there are going to be gains since that is something we do guarantee is performance.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
True Flow

A few things about filters, because performance gauze and paper filters are only 1/16 of an inch think, the minute you start driving they get dirty, start to clog and restrict air flow causing a loss in performance. True Flow doesn't clog easily because its reticulated foam construction is 16 times thicker than performance gauze or paper.

To see how a True Flow filter measures against paper and gauze filters, see the filter test at, www.trueflow.com

Quick Reply: Dodge 5.9L Intake