Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2001 CTD fuel guage quit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008 | 02:45 PM
jgaff
|
Amateur
Default 2001 CTD fuel guage quit

I have a 2001 Ram 2500 with the CTD and five speed, and have been having problems with the fuel guage the last two tanks of fuel that I have ran thru it, with the fuel guage going to empty when it gets below half a tank. The first time it happend, I went and filled it up and it came back to full and worked properly. When it got to half a tank again, it went to empty, and didn't come back after I filled it. It has been several days and it still hasn't come back. I'm not too concerned about running out of fuel, but don't want to take a chance on messing up the injector pump if the pump isn't working properly. Any suggestions as to what my problem is???? Is the pump, filter and guage sender all in one unit in the tank on this model? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! Thanks, JGaff

Old 12-22-2008 | 08:29 PM
jgaff
|
Amateur
Default Common problems causing fuel guage malfunctions

Just wondering if there are any problems that are common with these trucks that cause the fuel guage to stop working? Any suggestions are appreciated?

Old 12-22-2008 | 08:52 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

You can buy the sending unit by itself. See number 7 in the pic below. Part number is 4897669AB and retails for about $64.00.

Attached Thumbnails 2001 CTD fuel guage quit-pump.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2001 CTD fuel guage quit