Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

stereo install..need help or advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 AM
roby.jacob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo install..need help or advice

hello,
well I finally broke down and bought a stereo for the ram. Problem, everyone at work wanted to help me do the install, now no one wants too. I can't seem to get much help from them and I had expected to take it to get proffessionaly done but they talked me out of it, now it seems like a waste after having done a lot of the work. So I have a couple of quick questions: I am lost when it comes to all things electronics so please bear with me.

1) backup camera- backup camera has a hot wire, ground, and reverse wire. Is there a specific acc I should tap into? What fuse in the fuse box would be best to put a spade into? Where should i try to go to tap into a reverse wire signal? I have read on the net that the reverse wire will be a white wire w/ a green stripe...? Ideally I would like to keep the red acc wire in the engine bay and the reverse wire there too but I guess i can run it all the way to the back of the truck. Should I splice into a reverse signal going into the tailight or is there one going to the tailgate harness for trailer?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
roby.jacob

?anyone?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
synner

I know there was an easy to find reverse wire I tapped into in the engine bay for the extra reverse lights on our plow truck. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm near the truck.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Scott91370
Professional

I would not worry about the reverse wire. Hook it up to a toggle switch. This will allow you to turn on the camera any time you would like.

Quick Reply: stereo install..need help or advice